Followers

Friday, June 9, 2017

Tahquamenon Falls State Park.

Planning for our summer get-aways began last December. To get into the popular state parks (where we like to go) you have to book early, six months in advance. If you can not tell I am a planner.
Michael and I took a short 4 day trip to the UP.  We left early Friday at 8:30 am, and arrive around 3pm at the Tahquamenon Falls State Park. We did run into a little bit of traffic. I have never traveled on I75 and not faced construction.

This is a cute campground, located on the Tahquamenon River. Our site (81) backed up against the woods. We had an end site.  Next time we will get a site that backs up to the river.  The sites are large and you are walking distance to the lower falls. Its about a 5 min walk.
 The Lower Falls.



What I loved about this campsite is that when the campsite is quiet you can hear the Falls.  My sister Tracy once asked me what do we do when we camp, well Tracy this is for you.
Once we set up camp we had a bite to eat and headed to the Lower Falls. We had to walk 3 miles through the woods to get close to the falls. The shorter trail/path was under construction. It was worth the walk as you can see from the pictures. As usual I did not have on the right shoes.
We left the Lowe Falls and headed to the Tahquamenon  Falls Brewery & Pub. The restaurant and gift shop are located at the Upper Falls. It was originally a logging camp. The building is a replica of the original Camp 33. We ordered two appetizers we were not hungry and Mike had a glass of their famous beer. (the beer was ok I am not a beer drinker). I just had a root-beer float.




After we ate we headed to the Upper Falls. From the  Brewery its about a 5 min walk. Did I mention its still Friday. To get to the Upper Falls you must walked down 94 steps and back up 94 steps.





        Well that's one day down more to come. One thing is for sure we walked off our dinner.

No comments: